The Board of Trustees:
The Grover Cleveland Park Conservancy was formed in 2001 by a group of community members who were concerned with the upkeep and maintenance of Grover Cleveland Park. All officers, trustees, and advisory board members are volunteer community members.
Officers for 2018:
President: Diane Mensinger
Vice President: Kathleen Fischer
Treasurer: Loren Betros
Secretary: Kevin Byrne
Advisory Board Members for 2018:
Suzy von Lengerke
The Advisory Board meets as needed to help identify priorities, projects and future Trustees and volunteers. Please contact GCPC if you are interested in serving on this board.
National Association of Olmsted Parks www.olmsted.org
Center for Non-Profit Corporations www.njnonprofits.org
Native Plant Society of New Jersey http://npsnj.org/
A Message from the President
Tranquil walking trails, recreation areas for sports enthusiasts, a stocked pond for fishing, a playground for family fun time, and nature everywhere you look! Grover Cleveland Park is your park – a well maintained open space where you can relax, unwind, and enjoy the outdoors right in your own “backyard.” You made it happen! Because of your loyal membership and generous donations, we are able to continue to fulfill our mission: Dedicated to the maintenance, restoration, and enhancement of the Grover Cleveland Park.
Did you know?
100% of your donations are put to work upgrading, maintaining, and improving various areas throughout the park!
The Conservancy at Work in 2017
- Eradication of invasive plant species from the woodland areas and replaced with native NJ species
- Identified and tagged native saplings including Tulip, Sycamore, and Elm trees
- Purchased and planted seven Redbud trees and five Black Tupelo trees
- Purchased and planted Maidenhair ferns and Goodies Woodferns
- Maintained three permanent gardens adding seasonal perennial and annual plants
- Purchased and installed three children’s picnic tables
- Organized annual Halloween parade, crafts, and games
Our plans for 2018
- Renovation of bocce courts and horseshoe pits
- Rehabilitating the walking trails through the upper woods
- Planting native ferns, trees and bushes along the baseball backstop and picnic grove
- Movie Nights by the pond
We depend on you and your fellow community members’ generous donations to support our efforts to keep our “Hidden Gem” a place where families and friends go to relax and enjoy the beautiful outdoors! We appreciate your membership and ongoing support!
President 2014-16, Grover Cleveland Park Conservancy
The Grover Cleveland Park Conservancy is a 501(c)(3) non- profit organization. Your membership dues and generous donations are tax deductible.